Donate

ASP.NET 4.5 Has Not Been Registered on the Web Server (Visual Studio 2012)

This issue "ASP.NET 4.5 Has Not Been Registered on the Web Server" occurred when I opened an asp.net application built with Visual Studio 2012 recently when I installed Visual Studio 2015 in my laptop with a Windows 8 operating system. Given that this happens I assume that some settings may have been updated or corrupted by the recent version of VS. The solutions I have tried included registering asp.net through Visual Studio command tools with no effect.
After searching through the web, I found a solution which is to download the hotfix for VS 2012 here Unexpected dialog box appears when you open projects in Visual Studio 2012 after you install the .NET Framework 4.5.3. After downloading and installing the hotfix, the issue was resolved.

Comments

Donate

Popular Posts From This Blog

WPF CRUD Application Using DataGrid, MVVM Pattern, Entity Framework, And C#.NET

How To Insert Or Add Emojis In Microsoft Teams Status Message

Pass GUID As Parameter To Action Using ASP.NET MVC ContribGrid